Friday, March 25, 2011

If you didn't know...He's Here!

Yes this is a month late. If you didn't know already (meaning you're not a friend of Bob's on facebook) we had our baby

(Me 2 days before I had him)
.
Jordan Vyrl Bateman was born on February 18 at 10:59 am. He weighed 7 lbs 2 oz and was 20 in long. I was scheduled to be induced on Friday morning the 18th. I had been having contractions throughout the night and before I got to the hospital. I was dialated to a 4+ on my Tuesday appointment, so wouldn't you think the nurse would check me as soon as a got there especially since I said that I was having contractions all night? NO, she just assumed that I was still a 4. You know what they say about people who assume... Well, to make a long story short I quickly progressed to contractions that were making me bawl hysterically asking for an epidural. The nurse still didn't check even after the epidural she said she would check me in a half hour. Shortly after my whole body started shaking, my clue that the baby was crowning. When she finally did check me I was a 10, completely efaced and ready to push. The nurse was pacing the room as she waited for the CNM to get there. I'm pretty sure she was worried that she would have to deliver the baby. He came out in 2 pushes within the same contraction. 1 for the head and 1 for the rest his body. I'm pretty sure that if the nurse would have checked me right before the epidural they wouldn't have let me have one which I'm extremely grateful that I had one during the actual labor because that was the worse pain I have ever experienced. My mom was having to remind me to breath through my crying.





My sister is a CNA in training and hadn't been able to see a birth during her schooling so she and my mom came early that morning so they could be there for the birth.

Bob's mom took our kids that morning and my parents took them for the rest of the weekend.

Sydney wasn't so sure about the baby at first. She loves him now.







My Dad Vyrl with Jordan

My mom Alice with Jordan

Bob's mom Ellie with Jordan

Elyse & Sydney with Jordan

Kelsey with Jordan

Ryan with Jordan




Going home on Sunday

4 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Aw, congratulations!

Joni said...

Congrats, I didn't know! You look pretty good in those pics for having such a rough delivery. We are happy for you! 4 kids is crazy and fun, good luck!

Tannie Datwyler said...

What CUTE baby!! He is totally adorable. And YOU, you look so pretty. :) Seriously!

Dumb nurse - usually nurses tend to check me fast when they can tell I'm freaking out. And good thing too sine I dilate so fast. I know what you mean about horrible pain, since I delivered Deirdre all natural. Not really by choice..... :)

Oh, congratulations again!!

Kaylyn said...

Congratulations. Silly. Nurses should check to be sure, mine waited to long and my epideral didn't take. Glad you got yours and it went fast. He is a cutie.