Wednesday, May 31, 2006

We're still doing good up here. Lindy ripped one of her contacts, that wasn't good. I didn't know that it was possible to rip them. Sydney got a new car seat because she's getting so big so quick. Now we can’t just let her sleep in the car, because it isn’t the type that you can easily pull out. She seems to have new tricks every week. She’ll try to do patty cake now. She likes attempting to sing. And of course she still loves talking all the time.

I can't believe it’s almost Sydney’s first birthday. She's attempting to crawl forward, but she's not quite there yet. She'll lean forward and grab things, but like I said before, she's much better at scooting backwards. She can however kind of get what she wants because she'll scoot backwards and then turn around. She's funny though. If she can't get something she gives up and starts trying to get something else, or she'll cry.

My research class ends this week. Summer can officially start now (or at least when I’m finished with my proposal). It was actually a fun class. I know, is it possible to have the words fun and research in the same sentence? It was mostly because of the teacher, Dr. Blair, and he was a riot. He has a PhD in Audiology and he use to be the head of department. He's very sarcastic and dry witted. I still don't want to do research as a career, but I came somewhat close to the idea. Now I’m not against doing research in my practice. Okay, I’m boring everybody here who isn’t going into speech-language pathology (and probably many who are!).

For Memorial Day weekend, dad cooked us steaks (second time in one month) and we went to see Mission Impossible 3. It was actually better than I thought. I was expecting a repeat of Mission Impossible 2 (which was completely over the top). I guess low expectations is the key to enjoying the summer line-up of movies.

I’ve haven’t heard good things about X-Men 3 so far. Kelsey didn’t like it at all. I still have to see it because it’s the X-Men, but should I wait to see till the dollar theaters, wait till it comes out on DVD, or go ahead and see it now?

3 comments:

Rach said...

My sister and brother-in-law saw X-Men 3 over the weekend, and they really liked it. I figure even if it's bad, it is the last x-men movie, and you have to go see it just because. I personally hated Mission Impossible 2 enough that I might skip #3 altogether. Or wait until it is on video.

Jim said...

Well, I think you need to take into account your underlying feelings of hatred toward the super-rich hollywood society (which includes mr larry h. miller as far as i'm concerned...$15.50 for two tickets?!?). My hatred could keep me away, but we went anyway. Sure you can wait if you really want to.

Bob said...

$15.50 is a lot (and the hassel of finding a babysitter).
We actually took Sydney with us to MI3 and she did surprisingly well. Lindy and I had to take turns taking her out in different parts, but it wasn't that bad.
I heard that they kind of hinted towards a possible sequel in this x-men movie, so maybe its not the last one. But you're right, I have to see it, its just a matter of when.