Thursday, March 29, 2007

SALVATION!!!!!!!!!
Today I completed my master's defense and I passed! It was a success. Later on in the day I had my first job interview (which was equally scary). I don't know how well that went. We'll see in the near future. All I have left is my praxis test which I take on April 28, then I'll be done with my masters degree in speech-language pathology. It has been a very long two years.

Now comes the next scary part, finding work and doing what I went to class for. I really do love the field because I love working with people, but I feel inadequate. I still feel like I need a lot more training. Hopefully, I won't feel like a charlatan 5 years from now. Only time will tell.

To those downhearted folks still in school. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it really isn't a train! Keep it up, it will eventually end.

2 comments:

Ryan Bangerter said...

Yeah Bob!!!! Now you can finally start writing again. jk you do whatever you want to. good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rach said...

Congrats! Dave said, "It's taken you long enough." Of course, he's still working on his degree, too, and still has 2 1/2 semesters left! But, it's getting closer! Anyway, good luck, and congratulations again. That's a huge accomplishment!