Monday, January 29, 2007

R2-D2 and Chewie's real role in the movies.


If you are not a Star Wars fan then ignore this message and wait for more cute pictures of Sydney and/or Savannah. Apparently, with the prequels we have to re-evaluate the original movies. My sister-in-law Heidi sent me an email that explores these issues (an acknowledgement of my geekiness, I'm sure). So, here it is, a discussion of why Chewie almost killed Luke.

A New Sith, or Revenge of the Hope
Reconsidering Star Wars IV in the light of I-III

6 comments:

Rach said...

You're right, it does acknowledge your geekiness. Whatever floats your boat! :)

Jim said...

That is flippin sweet! It kinda makes up for the fact that there's all this cool technology in Episode III, and then when you go back and watch the old Episode IV the technology sucks. Or not, but I just wanted to point that out.

Bob said...

Good point, Jim. They had to do something, and what about how pathetic lightsaber fighting became. It apparently use to be pretty cool.

Rachael, I know I'm a geek, my wife knows that I'm a geek. It should be public knowledge by now. lol.

Ryan Bangerter said...

That is pretty interesting, I also thought that Obi Wan could have kicked Darth Vader´s butt, maybe episode IV doesn´t have as cool of fight scenes because it was made in the 60´s and everyone wanted love instead of war. Either way we´re all geeks but I just happen to be the coolest. Muahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chuckbateman said...

The weird thing about this is that I thought I was the biggest nerd in the family, but apparently Heidi doesn't think so because she didn't send this particular email to me.

Bob said...

Actually, I looked up the email that heidi sent, and she sent it too you too, but you must have deleted it or thought you were too cool to read you email from your sister-in-law. lol